Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's the Little Things That Make Me Happy

I was so excited about this, I can't believe I forgot to blog about it. Way back in October, on the 23rd to be exact, (I know this because it is the day we went to get pumpkins,) my key fob disappeared. We checked all the jacket pockets, searched all the cracks and under the seats in both cars and looked in every conceivable place to lose a set of keys. I even pulled out pictures from the pumpkin gathering hoping to see what Shawn had been wearing, (he was the driver) but there wasn't a single photo of him. (Bad me.) For the first few weeks, I held out hope that they would still turn up, but eventually, I gave up. I decided Peter had either thrown them away or they had been lost in a store or any other number of possibilities. I was resigned to using the spare car key (and house key) forever since I'm not willing to pay $200 or more to replace the key fob. But, oh I missed it. It was so easy to just click that little button to lock and unlock the car, especially with your hands full of groceries and a toddler. And a bit of a pain to manually put the key in the lock and turn it, and then open the door and push the unlock button to let everyone else in -especially in a snowstorm or when the rain is pouring. (I know, I know, - remember when that was the only way to do it? It's so sad how dependent I am on the luxuries of technology.) Plus, the spare key had a nice little feature where it would only start the car if it was put in in one direction. I couldn't for the life of me look at the key and remember which side that was, so I was constantly having to take it out, turn it around and try again.

Well, this weekend, Shawn was cleaning out his closet and pulled out some pants he was contemplating giving away since he very rarely wears them. And guess what was in the pocket?The missing key fob!!!! (Complete with missing keys and gym membership card!) Really, I was so excited. You have no idea how happy I was to go out to the car when we went to church, and just click the little button to let everyone in. Seriously, I still smile when I see it and remember that I have it back. Who knew such a little thing would make me so happy?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is a very very happy thing. I too have had to go without the fob (very briefly...) and it was a little pathetic how much I missed it!