Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Banner Day

Poor Amelia has watched patiently for the past year and a half as most of her friends have lost tooth after tooth and she couldn't even get a little wiggle out of any of hers. Well, finally, 2 months before her 7th birthday, (we are a little dentally delayed around here,) she lost her first tooth! She was so excited. It has been loose for a couple of weeks, and Shawn tried to pull it last Sunday, but didn't get it out. Today, while driving up to the ski resort, it fell out. (Due to her constant wiggling of it, of course.)

I didn't get a picture until we were in the lodge for lunch, and my camera lens steamed up when I pulled it out of my pocket, so you'll have to excuse the poor quality, but I promised her a picture.


The 3 Amigos waiting for lunch.


The rest of the day was fabulous as well. It was a beautiful day. A little snowy, but still warm enough. Just a little layer of powder to ski through.

Shawn and the girls playing in the snow after their lessons:

Snow angels:

I decided to take a snowboard lesson with my friend Jan. Once we progressed past the hiking up the mountain part and were able to progress to the riding up the lift and snowboarding down the hill part, it started getting to be fun.
Despite what you see in this picture, I spent significantly less time on my knees and on my rear end than I had expected to. Definitely less than the first time I went 13 years ago. (Also the only time until today.) That's my friend, Jan, in the cool snowboard pants that she borrowed from her 13 year old son. She was a little embarrassed, but she fit right in with the Brighton crowd. (Her daughter's ski instructor had the same ones.)
Shawn on the lift with Duff, Amelia and Amelia's friend Hallee. (Also Jan's daughter.)
Close up of Shawn and the ski buddies - Amelia and Hallee.
A little video of the 3 girls skiing with Shawn, while I was still on the beginner hill trying to get better at this snowboarding thing.


In case that seems a little boring to those who have no personal tie to the girls, these next 2 are just funny. They make me laugh every time I watch them. The first one, we call "Face Plant" for obvious reasons. And the second one is Shawn, well, admiring the tree tops for a moment, I guess.

1 comment:

Keersten said...

So cute! Megan hasn't lost a tooth yet and often complains that it will never happen. :D The stresses of first grade!