Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I think I may be Drowning

I just can't seem to get my life under control here and blogging has definitely taken a back seat to other things. I've been thinking that I need a few more (productive) hours in my day, but in adding it up I probably need something like 15 extra hours and I'm just not sure that one night of sleep will be enough to get me through a day that long, so I guess I'll stick with the hours I've got and continue to be woefully underproductive. (Or maybe an extra day in the week would work - as long as the kids were gone, hmmm...) Seriously, even a couple of extra morning hours would be nice. (I'm generally already up by 5 so getting up earlier is not the answer. I just can't seem to fit it all in: exercise, scriptures, 3 kids practicing, getting everyone ready for school... (I've pretty much given up on showering before the morning crew is out the door - just can't make it happen even if I am nice and sweaty after the gym or a run.) I am open to suggestions if anyone has them.
Anyway, I have been putting in hours of time on the annual slide show which was supposed to be done by New Year's but due to my procrastination (and Michelle's imovie malfunction) it was postponed until last night. I took my camera, but forgot to get a picture, so I'll just borrow Michelle's. This has been a fun tradition (thanks again to Michelle for the idea) and my kids have been so excited to watch the finished product. I am extremely relieved to have it finished and have now resolved to work on it throughout the year instead of trying to do it all in the last few days. (We'll see how that turns out.)

In addition to the slide show, we have been very busy spending money. (Sadly, not on anything fun.) First, the sewer main clean out, then the new washing machine, then car repairs for Shawn's car, followed by a new windshield and new tires for my car to pass inspection, and then yesterday (while my car was in the shop), the garage door broke. I'm hoping this is the end of major issues, but I won't bet on it.
At least there's sunshine and warm-ish temperatures. Not too bad for a day in January!
Maybe it will be enough to motivate me to blog a little more. (Only time will tell.)

2 comments:

KimberlyD said...

After reading your last few posts, I have decided...you need a vacation. (Go somewhere warm and sunny!)

Rachel said...

You know, at least writing down the woes and sending them out to the understanding and validating public makes you feel better, even if it doesn't take the troubles away. Sorry. I don't think we can possibly ever get everything done we should - ever - life is a test of priorities, I guess. Hang in there.