Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkins

I have had constant reminders about the lack of pumpkins at our house and since the annual neighborhood pumpkin carving party is approaching quickly, today was kind of our last chance to check pumpkins off the list. Fortunately, it stopped raining long enough this afternoon to make that possible.
I forget how much is involved in finding just the right pumpkin for carving.
Peter, Peter Pumpkin-Eater. (Well at least he likes the seeds and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.) He liked the little pumpkins/gourds that he could hold in his hands. The nice thing is, they're a lot cheaper, but I don't think I will try to carve that one. Hopefully he won't mind.

Little Miss Muffet sitting on her tuffet. (Alright, it's actually Duffy sitting on some pumpkins but I promise she would also be frightened away if a spider came along.)

Amelia Bedelia

Samantha and her new friend.

Jonas, who appears to be much happier here than he actually was. Apparently, even picking out your pumpkin counts as "running errands" and we all know how he feels about that.

The whole gang happily supplied with pumpkins. Now that we have the pumpkins, it's probably time to start thinking about costumes. Here's hoping we pull that one off in time!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

You're such a good mom. We haven't carved pumpkins in years. Halloween Scrooge's attitude must be rubbing off on me.

Rachelle said...

I was thinking about doing my old pics on the side of my blog...so cute! I printed them all this year and framed them for my mantel, fun memories!! Love the beautiful things Sean sees on his rides, Slick rock looks amazing!!

Keersten said...

Very cute! I think you are very impressive to even get them to a pumpkin patch, let alone prior to this week.

Julie said...

That pic of Peter with the pumpkins is awesome - seriously, you should enter it in a contest or something - I love the colors and Peter's darling expression!