Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Woohoo!

I was not happy to be needing a new washing machine, but I am sure glad that the new one is here so I can get back to a more regular laundry schedule. As the last one has been dying a slow and painful death, I have had to cut the load sizes in half or less, otherwise the washer couldn't spin the water out. Even then, I still spent some time wringing water out of some of the loads that ended up being bigger than the motor could handle.
So now, we have a functioning washing machine and a somewhat cleaned out main sewer line. (They drilled through as many tree roots as they could and then put some chemicals down there to dissolve the rest. At least that was the idea. The chemicals have to sit down there for 8 hours with no water running down the pipes, but unfortunately long before the 8 hours was up, a certain child, who shall remain nameless, to protect her identity, forgot and flushed the toilet. Oh, I was so angry!! Life has managed to go on despite the anger at the literal equivalent of flushing money - lots of it -down the toilet.)
Here's to hoping that this washer lasts for years and years and years and that the Root-X had enough time to accomplish something while in the pipes.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I think we've got you beat in the expensive repairs contest today. I show two new posts on my toolbar—how far back is the other one?