Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sometimes You Have to Laugh at Yourself

Notice anything?

Well, I obviously didn't.  At least not until I was on my way out of the gym and headed to Mt. Olympus.  I guess this is one of the effects of getting up before 5 most mornings of the week. (Yes, before 5.)  It's still dark then, and my brain was obviously a little muddled.  I will give myself credit for at least wearing the same shoes even though they weren't a matching pair.

I did pass several people on my way down the mountain, but the majority of them were a large group of what I first thought were fire fighters, but in hind sight, I'm not sure that makes sense, so they must have been forest department guys (and girls.)  Anyway they were all marching single file up the mountain (at a good pace) wearing big heavy jackets, pants, boots and hard hats and carrying packs, axes and chain saws.  I'm guessing with all of their huffing and puffing, and bright red, sweaty faces, they probably didn't notice my shoes. 
 I felt rather free and unencumbered after passing all of them.
I guess I should pay a little more attention to which shoes I'm putting on in the morning from now on.






No comments: