Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Peter's First Medal

Peter was invited to our neighbor Hayden's birthday party and was so excited to go.  (They live 2 doors down, so he likes to ride his bike down there just to see if there's anyone to play with.)
What better party to have in an unfinished backyard than a mud party?
If this were one of my girls, they would have plowed right through that mud puddle, but Peter is a little more cautious and likes to stay cleaner.

Navigating the obstacles.


Very carefully testing out the muddy waters.


The first thing he yelled to me when he walked in the door was, "Mama! I got my first medal!"
He was so happy and proud.


1 comment:

Thierry said...

I'm glad he had fun! It was seriously funny to see how all the kids reacted differently to the mud. Peter was definitely one of the more cautious. :) And he kept telling me the same thing (probably 10 times)... "I won my first medal!" I thought it was so cute that he was so proud about it, probably because he is so familiar with medals in your house... now he has one of his own! :)