Sunday, December 30, 2012

Post-Christmas Activities

Shawn took his own personal powder day.  (He didn't even invite me - just announced that he wasn't going into work and was skiing that day.)  He carved his initials in the snow.

This was kind of a funny thing.  Shawn went into the VolCom offices (a company that his business contracts with) and they had this book sitting at the front desk.  He was a little surprised to see his picture right there on the front cover, leading the pack.

The kids and I did a bit of movie watching and a lot of just being at home.  Amelia wanted to be sure to go ice skating over the break, so we fit that in too.  It was pretty exhausting for Peter, but he had fun.

When you've never been ice skating before, apparently, you need to take lots of breaks.
Eventually, the kids managed to leave the security of the wall and make their way around the rink on their own.


Peter and I made slow progress.

Duffy following close behind.
Amelia


Pretty much everyone was still smiling at the end of it, so we'll consider it a success.

I finally took down Peter's crib.  He hasn't slept in it for months and months.  Pretty much, I just had it up because it served as a timeout zone for him, but he's generally a pretty good kid, so I didn't really even use it for that much, so down it came.  I was surprised at how sad it made me.  I just don't have a baby anymore!
It sure opened up some space in his room, though.  We're trying to move him down with Jonas, but it's a slow process - partly because it's hard for me to let him go, partly because he's having a hard time keeping Jonas' hours since Jonas always turns his light on bright and early and wakes Peter up.  So, he still sleeps up here sometimes.  Plus I haven't been ready to tackle the shared closet and dresser space down there yet.

Shawn has tried out several recipes from his new cookbook.  I am definitely benefitting from that Christmas gift!
Wee've been keeping busy and having fun.  We are all already dreading the return to school in a few days.

No comments: