Thursday, December 13, 2012

12/12/12

Since it's going to be a while before a date like this rolls around again, it makes sense to see what we were doing.  Technically, these first photos are from the 11th.  Shawn went to Houston for work.  As you can see, he worked really hard - finding awesome tickets for a Rockets game.
I think he could just about reach out and touch the players' hair.







Of course, since he was in Houston, Shawn missed out on the band concert and singing by the 6th graders.  I know, poor quality, but I needed to capture one of Samantha's last grade school performances... I can't believe she's headed to junior high next year.

So, that was the 11th.  And now for 12/12/12.  Apparently Shawn wanted to document this little episode.  I think he was just so glad that he wasn't the one getting the speeding ticket.  He's racked up a few in various states, but managed to avoid it in Texas.
And here is photo documentation of 12:12:12 on 12/12/12.  How he caught this photo, I don't know, but still, pretty cool.
Once again, he worked really hard - eating tremendous amounts of really good food.  I think this restaurant was worth the trip for him.  One of his favorites.

As you can see, he was really suffering, being away from all of us at home.


He was really sad to miss out on our friend Chad's birthday party, though.  Because if your birthday falls on 12/12/12, you pretty much have to have a party.  It was 80's themed, which the girls were all excited about.  
I wish I had taken a few more pictures of how everyone was dressed.  Oh well.  At least some of the exciting day was documented!

No comments: