Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Couple of Things....

1. There are only 10 days until Christmas. How in the world did that happen?

2. Why in the world do smoke detectors only run out of battery power in the middle of the night? There are all those hours in the day when I'm awake and not trying to sleep, when dealing with a beeping smoke detector wouldn't be a big deal. But no, they always wait until I'm sound asleep before they start beeping. And then, trying to identify exactly which smoke detector is beeping is ridiculous. I have to go and stand under each one and wait until I hear the beep, to see if it's the right one or if I need to move on. (One night, Shawn ended up ripping down 3 different ones, wrapped them all in a blanket and set them on the front porch, in an attempt to find some peace.) Anyway, I think it was the one in Jonas's room. He wasn't happy about it either.

3. Have I mentioned how much I love my gore tex (read water proof) Salomon trail running shoes? Because I do.
This morning's run would have had to end after about 5 minutes if I'd been wearing different shoes. As it was, despite the snow, slush and snowplow crud that I was plodding through, I came home with dry, toasty warm toes. (No trail running today, this was just on the road. But it is so quiet and peaceful on an early morning snow run - until the snowplows come by.) My lace locks were frozen when I came in and it took a little work to get them loosened so I could get my shoes off, but all in all I love these shoes!

2 comments:

Marti said...

Yes...smoke alarms AND cell phones always run out of batteries in the middle of the night.

Marti said...

About the Beehive Tea Room...if you want to go for actual tea, I think you DO have to make a reservation at least the day before. BUT, you can also just go eat there. The thing the kids got was the kids hot chocolate and then they have kids sandwiches (peanut butter&jelly or honey or tuna) cut into cute little flowers with chips. And they have sandwiches and salads for adults. So, you CAN make a reservation for tea OR you can just go eat there. Check out their web site.