Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Christmas Project

This is what the kids are giving their friends for Christmas this year:
Hot chocolate "ice cream cones."
My kids received this as a gift a few years back and I have seen them off and on since then - even saw them in Target this year. So easy - a candy decorating bag filled with hot chocolate mix. (I put it in it's own bag inside another bag just for extra protection.) Then a layer of something to add to the hot chocolate. Here we used mini chocolate chips, but you could also use crushed candy canes or Andes mints or whatever strikes your fancy.
Then top it off with mini marshmallows to look like the ice cream. Tie it all up with a little ribbon with some jingle bells attached and you're done!
Duffy thinks they look good enough to eat. (As a side note, although we have made good headway with friends gifts, the neighbor gifts just might not happen this year. So much to do and so little time. I'm just not sure I need the extra stress. So hopefully, if any of you are my neighbors, you will be understanding.)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Thank you for the idea for next year's neighbor gift....

Marti said...

Those ARE cute...I saw the ones at Target and actually bought a couple for fun.