Sunday, October 31, 2010

And Finally....

It's over. That was the longest Halloween week ever. Don't worry, I tried not to let my bad attitude spread to my kids. They still managed to enjoy the holiday. It was a little cold, wet and rainy for trick-or-treating, but they were undeterred. The little kids came in a little early, but the oldest 2 kept going as long as usual. Our trick-or-treat numbers were down a little but we still had a pretty steady stream all evening long.

Here's the crew before heading out. Peter had no idea what was going on but once the other kids headed out the door he followed just like he always does. Once he figured out the "hold out your bag and look cute and you get candy thing," he was in heaven. He came home with more candy than I had expected, that's for sure. And fortunately, he's not really big enough to ask me for it.

Jonas as a lego. (He never did get that extra coat of paint. Oh well.)

And, a lego with feet.

Samantha being abducted by an alien.

Amelia as the tooth fairy.

Duffy as Little Bo Peep.

We tried the duck costume on Peter and he made it very clear that he did not want it on.

However, I have him so well trained that when I stood him at the "picture wall" and pulled out the camera, he stopped his fit just long enough for me to take the picture, and then started right back up again.

In the end, he went as an elephant, (and seemed perfectly happy about it, too - once he saw himself in the mirror.)
A little post trick-or-treating fun. Peter loved playing in the lego and hiding his candy in the cups inside.
A little confession: even though it was Sunday, I spent some of my afternoon taking down the Halloween decorations because I couldn't stand it another day. Now I just need to get all of the costume pieces sealed into the boxes and put those away, too. Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

KimberlyD said...

So cute~ I love the lego, that was very cool. I also love your new title...maybe it is not new and I just noticed it. Either way, I like it.