Wednesday, October 13, 2010

So Nutritious...

I was dropping off a particular child (whose name starts with "A"), late to school this morning following a doctor's appointment. I guess she was hungry, what with it being clear 10:15 in the morning, so she pulled out her lunch box. This is when I discovered that the ONLY thing she had packed in her lunch was candy corn! I guess there was some confusion when I said, "yes, you can take some candy corn in your lunch" She must have heard, "yes, you can take some candy corn for your lunch." I was tempted to just let her go and be hungry, but decided against it and stopped to get bagels on our way to school. (After all, I had already played rescuer to the child who wasn't going to make it to the bus on time. Can't rescue just one and leave the others to their own fate.) She's lucky my Mom "rescue cape" was still on because I won't rescue every day. (You know learning from consequences and all that.) Honestly, just when you think you can trust them with a task....


In other news, this same child this morning was practicing and was learning a new note on the staff. (This particular method doesn't teach the name of the note yet, they just learn to identify it on the staff.) She said, "I think I'll call this one Annabelle." I told her that I thought we should just call it "G". The other kids thought it was pretty hilarious that she wanted to name the notes.

1 comment:

Thierry said...

That is so funny! Lucky her got a bagel and the others probably just got PB&J... haha!
Kids are so funny!