Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Conference Sunday

I love conference Sunday. I love listening to the speakers, I love being able to relax at home, I love beignets. The kids have been talking about beignets for a few weeks, so clearly that tradition is an important one. We had forgotten to order more mix from Cafe du Monde, so we made them from scratch - a bit more involved and time consuming, but still tasty.
I so needed this day at home with my kids. A day where there was no nagging, or begging for kids to get ready or to finish up their jobs (or to start their jobs.) It didn't matter if anyone was dressed or if their hair or teeth were brushed. We just got to be home and enjoy being together. Perfect.

I was really hoping to have this be a one photo post, but true to form, it was not possible to get a decent picture of everyone in just one photo. So neither photo is great of everyone, but everyone looks OK in at least one photo.

It's too bad conference only rolls around twice a year. The break from routine is nice. Although, twice a year (plus Christmas) is more than enough beignets, I think.

No comments: