Wednesday, August 18, 2010

SEP's

Today we had SEP's with all of the kids teachers. I'm already dreading the beginning of school. Really. Hate the thought of it. SEP's didn't help. First stop, first grade: 20 minutes of reading daily, plus english mini books, plus spanish mini books, plus math worksheets. Next stop 4th grade: 30 minutes of daily reading, plus math, plus spelling, plus math facts, plus spanish vocabulary and spanish reading comprehension and who knows what else. Finally, 6th grade: I couldn't even keep track. The teacher just kept handing stacks of paper to Jonas with various assignments and projects, 50 word vocabulary tests, daily math sheets and so on and so on... By the time we left Jonas's classroom, I had a huge knot in my stomach and felt like I couldn't breathe, because even though I don't have to do all the work myself, I am the one in charge of making sure it all gets done. I hope I survive.

1 comment:

Keersten said...

I can only imagine! I have to admit, I was pretty overwhelmed with just the first grade stuff. I kept thinking--but she's only in first grade! This is a lot of homework -everyday- to be done by my teeny-tiny first grader! I am trying to get excited (aka not whine out loud) about school starting. I miss summer already.