Wednesday, August 11, 2010

13 Days and Counting...

Summer is slipping away from me fast. Too fast. I am feeling almost panicky. We suddenly have only a week and a half left to fit in all the things we haven't had time for yet! Today was the almost annual trip to Sweet's Candy Factory. The kids have been asking about this one all summer. I was a little worried about Peter and his hairnet. I thought for sure he would yank it off as soon as I tried to put it on him. But I guess I hadn't taken into account how much he likes being like the big kids. So he just looked around at everyone else and then put on a big smile with his hairnet and left it alone most of the time.
We tried for the traditional outside photo but the wind was blowing so hard and everyone was squinting into the sun - and my camera battery died, so we settled on this indoor option taken with my phone instead. We missed Jonas (I didn't realize I had scheduled the tour at the same time as the YM/YW waterskiing activity.) With the promise of some candy, he wasn't too heartbroken. It's not like he hasn't been there before. (We brought a neighbor with us, but Marcus did not want to be in the photo if it meant putting that darn hair net thing back on!) So here's the rest of the crew.
Thanks as always Marshes for helping us celebrate summer!

No comments: