Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Outdoorsman

This little guy is definitely an outdoor enthusiast. He is so much happier when he is outside. He doesn't necessarily require other people or really even much to play with, he just loves being out there. (Although extra people or toys are fun, too.)
Since his language skills are still pretty non-existent (well, he does have a handful of words and/or signs), when he is inside, much of his time is spent yelling at me trying to get me to understand what exactly he wants. Outside - not so much. He just wanders around happily with a smile on his face. Sometimes humming to himself or grooving to whatever tune he hears in his little head. Lately, he hasn't even had much need to go out in the street.

I did pull out the teepee for him the other day and he loved it - mostly for playing peek-a-boo. (This was Shawn's teepee when he was little. I believe his grandmother made it for him and he decorated it. It has been a favorite for all of my kids.)He loved peeking under the bottom of the teepee at me. (I realize the pink blanket is not exactly manly, but it was the easiest one to grab.)

I have no idea what I'm going to do when it gets cold outside.


No comments: