Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School Blues (and Excitement)

Seriously, who decided that school should start on August 23rd? Last time I checked that was still summer. I feel like I've had part of my summer vacation stolen from me. But like I've been telling Jonas, we can't change that school is starting, so we might as well try to be happy about it. (I'm still working on my attitude a little.)

Jonas looks much happier here than he actually is. He has been dreading this day since school got out. I really hope his 6th grade year is as fun as I remember mine being.

Samantha - claims to not be excited about school but I think she really is. She is definitely excited to see her friends and she loves getting new pencil boxes and glue sticks and especially, new clothes. I hope she loves 4th grade.

Amelia is really, truly excited about starting school - as all first graders should be.

She has grown enough that her backpack even fits a little bit better this year.

Headed off to William Penn.

Samantha lining up with her class.

Amelia and her best friend, Hallee. Not in the same class, but at least get to walk to school together.

Ready for class to start.

Now Peter and Duffy and I have to figure out how we will spend the day all by ourselves. (Sigh.)

1 comment:

Thierry said...

oh my gosh. school has started already? That IS crazy!