Sunday, January 3, 2016

Giving It Another Try in 2016

One of my resolutions this year is to bring back the blog.  I know I have missed cataloging our daily lives and the kids have missed it, too.  I don't want to set my self up to fail, so no hard set expectations here, but definitely trying to post on a more regular basis.
Since we spent 9 days of Christmas break with the stomach flu, there wasn't a whole lot that happened around here that anyone would want to read about.  We're just glad to put that behind us and move on, although none of us is ready to go back to school since we feel a little cheated on our vacation.
Samantha has anxiously been counting down the days to the start of the high school water polo season. (There is a strong possibility that she is even more excited for the END of the high school swim season, but we don't need to get into that here.)


The chain is still pretty long, but I know the days will fly by. I'm excited for water polo season too, but I don't need it to get here any more quickly than is necessary.  The rest of life kind of shuts down at that point, so I'm OK for it to be a ways off still.



Shawn and I managed to squeeze in one ski day in between sick kids.  (No Photos) And we did hike up Millcreek and sled down with 4 of the kids, but since my phone stopped letting me take pictures, this is the only proof we have of it.  It was really cold, but we had a great time, everyone laughing and smiling.
Shawn took the "littles" skiing at Brighton yesterday while I stayed home with the "bigs".  They had a great time.  All of them lapping Snake before the end of the day.  Shawn's ski dream may still come true.  In fact, I'd bet on it.


I was a little jealous to be missing out on the bluebird day, but relaxing at home and staying warm wasn't all bad either.  And the little kids needed some adult time all on their own.




Sleeping skiers is always a sign of a great ski day!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

How lovely that you're blogging again! Sorry about the flu...we had it too....but not for NINE days!

Michelle said...

Yay! I'm going to try blog reading again, so this is good timing. :)