Sunday, April 6, 2014

Peter's Birthday Part 2 - or The World's Longest Post About Going to the Zoo and Eating Ice Cream

After spending the morning opening presents, we decided to go to the zoo to celebrate (since that is one of his very favorite places to go at home.)
He was all about checking out the map and planning our path.



I promise not all of this food was mine.  As the Mom, I'm just the designated holder of all things for everyone.  It's the one time I miss not having a stroller.




The Fort Worth Zoo was definitely a big hit for everyone.






The gorilla just chilling and munching on some celery.

The elephants are always one of Peter's favorites.  And this zoo has TWO baby elephants.

(There were also other moments when I wished we had a stroller because Peter wanted to be carried.  Good thing he has such a nice big brother.)






That was looking pretty enticing.






The lions roared for us.  Hearing the lions roar was always one of my favorite parts of going to the zoo when I was young.  I'm really excited to have them back at Hogle Zoo in a couple of months.




Feeding the parakeets was also a huge hit.  My older kids had done this when they were at our zoo, but not the younger kids.








My girls.


And my boys.


Sorry for the disgustingness of these next photos, but if you ever need a visual on why you should cover when you sneeze, this is it.



Gross.
Yeah, that was as nasty as it looked and some of that landed on me.  Yum.
Hanging out on the stage coach.
Jonas practicing for when he is an old man sitting on his front porch.










A train ride back to the zoo gates.  That is one happy 5 year old.






Those are some big horns.


Two types of flamingos to admire.
After a fantastic afternoon spent at the zoo and dinner with the Marshes, we headed to Cold Stone for some birthday ice cream.


Mom and Dad with the birthday boy.

Playing king of the mountain.


And one last upside down birthday carry before heading back to Matt and Anne's.
And there ends the third and final birthday celebration on the road.  I can't believe my baby is 5!

No comments: