Thursday, March 28, 2013

Samantha's Medieval Feast and Fancy Hair

After weeks and weeks, the day for the medieval feast finally arrived.  It was on my birthday.  There was also an early morning play practice before school.  Samantha spent about as much time figuring out how she wanted her hair to be as she did building her castle, - hours and hours.  She had settled on something she found on the internet and had me watch a tutorial so I could do it.  Then, of course, a day or two before hand, she changed her mind.  So, I think late the night before, she showed me a picture and I tucked it away into my brain.  Then early in the morning (of my birthday), I was lucky enough to get up and spend at least a good half hour doing Samantha's hair.  Here are a few photos of the finished (or mostly finished) product.  I'm always relieved when these sorts of things meet her standards, because, well, when they don't, sometimes, we all suffer.




And here she is in her lovely gown.  (I'd love to say I made it, but let's be real here.  When a neighbor offered her daughter's as an option, I didn't even hesitate.)

The fancy hat, which Samantha actually did make.
And then, off she went to play practice and to her feast, while I celebrated by getting the other kids ready and then cleaning the house.

No comments: