Friday, March 29, 2013

Meanwhile...

For Amelia's birthday, Samantha got her ears pierced!  She and her friend Emma were begging for a ride to the mall.  (When did I get old enough to have kids that want to hang out at the mall?!  Oh yeah, I'm forty now.)
Somehow between my Mom (who was at the house to pick up Amelia for her birthday lunch date), Samantha's friend Emma, and me, we convinced Samantha that it wouldn't be that painful, and with lots of anxiety, she finally agreed to do it.
She practically squeezed the stuffing out of that poor bear...

Even at this point, she wasn't entirely convinced that it was a good idea, but she was excited to choose new earrings to wear afterwards.  I thinks she was happy to have it done after it was all over with, but had worried so much about it for so long, that it took her sometime to get used to the idea.
She and Emma went to Build-A-Bear to make twin bears.
As soon as they were done there, they couldn't get rid of me fast enough.  Apparently, being seen with me is really embarrassing, but walking around the mall with bunny ear hats isn't?  Hmm.  Go figure.  Either way, they are way to grown up for me.
Somewhere between breakfast dates, shopping, lunch dates, trips to the mall, and present opening, we fit in a water polo game.  (Amelia's birthday was a very busy day for all of us.)





(Loving that my new camera captures all of the water droplets in mid air.)




It's a good thing I love water polo as much as I do, because it sure takes up a lot of our time.

































































No comments: