Friday, March 29, 2013

9!! or Birthday Week Part 2

Amelia's birthday fell on the first day of spring break this year, so there was no school - just a whole day to celebrate and play!  She was ready to start celebrating bright and early.


I think she unwrapped a present and then she wanted to go out for a breakfast date.
So Shawn and I took her to Ihop.
From there, Shawn left to go to work while Amelia and I went shopping.  She chose a new dress for summer and got a new book at the bookstore - and lots of one-on-one time.

When we got home, the other kids were there ready to help her open another present.  (Samantha had clearly enjoyed a day of sleeping in.)

She had enough time to change into her new birthday outfit and get ready for a lunch date with Grandma Judy.  She also invited her friend Hallee along.  (Seriously, this no school stuff leaves lots of time for celebrating.)  I wish I had thought to take a picture of them before they left.  Amelia loves lunch dates with Grandma.  (All of my kids do.)

After lunch, she spent the entire afternoon playing with friends and was happy as a clam.  Of course, as soon as Shawn got home from work, she was ready to finish opening her presents.

She ripped into them with gusto.

As always, there was a crew of interested on-lookers.


And Shawn was having lots of fun experimenting with my new camera, so he took pictures of everyone.

I'm guessing someone gave Peter cheetos for lunch?

A close up on the unwrapping.

Duff.


The birthday girl.

Jonas studying instructions intently.



I just can't believe how quickly my little dark-eyed, dark haired baby girl has gone from this,






to this tall, beautiful 9 year old girl so quickly!  It sure seems like it happened overnight.
Happy 9th birthday sweet Amelia!

No comments: