Saturday, March 31, 2012

Peter Turns Three

Finally, one last birthday to squeeze in before we wind up the week. This one, was the hardest of all for me. It makes me sad to have my kids growing up, but there is just something especially bad about having my baby, (my BABY!) turn 3. It's just painful. It's hard to believe that all those baby years are behind me.

As soon as Peter woke up and I told him Happy Birthday, he told me he was getting Jesse. He was just so certain. I knew he had seen his Toy Story wrapping paper, but he had never seen what was in it.
He couldn't wait to see what he got. And everyone was gathered around in case he needed help.


Every little boy needs some of his own legos - even if his big brother and his Dad already have plenty.
I love this because you can't even see him under the big birthday hat.
Have I mentioned that Peter is a huge Toy Story fan? His whole birthday was pretty much Toy Story centered.



There is always some packaging that requires extra work to undo.

And, yes, he was right, he did get Jesse.
Sadly, once again, Peter totally got gypped on the birthday cake thing. We spent the morning riding our bikes up Emigration Canyon for the 2nd Annual Team Firestorm ride in honor of our friend, Ben Jacobsen. (More on that later.) And then came home to finish packing bags and sent Shawn and the little girls out the door on an adventure. So, no cake. I did at least take him to choose some cupcakes since last year all he got was a candle in a scoop of ice-cream.
Fortunately, they are easy to please at this age.

And to top off his day, he got his good friend, Woody.


I just can't believe how quickly we have gone from this:

to this:
to this:
and arrived here:

Happy Birthday to my sweet Peter!

No comments: