Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Birthday Number One (For the Week)

First, it was my turn to get older. The kids insisted on having me open a couple of presents before they left for school. We hurried fast to try to get a picture before Jonas had to walk out the door. As you can see, getting them all to cooperate, proved a little difficult.We try one silly one with the hope that on the next one everyone will look AT the camera with their eyes open.
Well, I guess I'll have to settle for 50% on this one.
Once I got the kids of to school, it was pretty much like all the other days, except, my sister-in-law, Michelle, and my neighbor, Jan took me to lunch at The Dodo. That was a lot of fun, and a nice way to celebrate.

In the evening, when everyone was home again, I finished opening my presents. I don't remember why Amelia was upset in this picture. Maybe because she had to wait 2 more days before it was her turn to open presents?
This big box was the one the kids were most excited for. Because of course, the bigger the present, the better it is, right? The little girls could hardly stand it, and were right there to help me.


Wow. It looks an awful lot like Shawn gave me a Blendtec blender. (Which would be totally awesome!) But, of course, he didn't. Because he would never give me an appliance for my birthday. Seriously. I've asked. But ever since the movie, Father of the Bride, he just refuses.
So, he made it very clear that he was NOT giving me a blender, but a lifetime of willing and yummy smoothie making. (The Blendtec is just the tool to make that happen, you see.) Either way, I win.
My kids are huge fans of "Will It Blend?" on youtube, so we have made it abundantly clear that nothing other than food items are to go into this blender. (I'm sure continued reminders may be necessary.)

Since we have a week of birthday celebrating and limited time, there was no cake, but I did get to blow out a candle on a tasty smoothie.
Mmmmm.
I look forward to a lifetime of delicious smoothies.
Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

Marti said...

Happy Birthday! Jealous you got a Blendtec-heard great things about them.