Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Performances of the Musical Variety

'Tis the season for all sorts of fun, but especially performances. In the past week, I have attended 7. (Three in one day.) The first two were Samantha's and Amelia's informal dance performances at school. I didn't even take any pictures. I was too busy trying to keep Peter entertained and quiet. Oh well. Next was Jonas' orchestra concert at the junior high. He was supposed to wear a bow tie. Unfortunately, I didn't know how to tie one, and Shawn was out of town. Thank goodness for the internet. I managed to snap this picture just before my phone died. And then we were in a hurry because of the tie issue and I forgot to take the camera. Still, I love the upright bass. Every time I hear it. It was fun to watch him play and listen to all the songs. (I have to say I was so impressed by Evergreen's Jazz band. They were really good. I'm now trying to talk Jonas into playing with them.)
On Saturday (the 10th) Amelia had her piano recital. She takes lessons from our neighbor, so it was nice to just walk up the street for this one. You can see that Jonas was absolutely thrilled to be there.
Amelia spent a lot of time practicing her Christmas songs, and played great.

I got to play a duet with her. It has been a reeeeeaaaaalllllllyyyy long time since I have played piano in a recital.
But I survived. And I didn't mess her up too badly or anything.
(Still Jonas is thrilled to be there.)

Here are all of the students lined up afterwards.
And here they are with cute Emily. Amelia just loves her.
Lucky for Amelia, Grandpa Quincy and Fran brought her flowers. She was so excited about that.
Next was Samantha's band concert at the elementary school on the 13th. Did I mention she plays the trombone? (We have quite an assortment of instruments at our house.) At this point she is the sole player in the brass section - all the others have dropped out, so it was a good thing that she knew her parts. And I could definitely hear her.

As soon as she finished up her songs, Duffy, Peter and I ran out the door to make it to Duffy's ballet performance, but that is for another post... Phew!

No comments: