Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Performances of the Dance Variety

And the final performances of the week were Duffy's and Amelia's ballet class demonstrations. Like I said before, this overlapped with the band concert, but it was a tender mercy that the 5th grade band played very first and I was able to still hear Samantha play and make it to Duffy's ballet performance. Duffy was so excited to have me come and watch her.They showed us all the things they do in their regular classes, from warm-ups,
to leaps and jumps.
Then they had a little dance all choreographed for us. I took video but didn't have the patience to wait for it to load onto the blog. Maybe I'll add it later.


It's definitely a bonus to have your best cousin in your class with you.

These 3 girls are so silly together. It was impossible to get a decent picture of them. (Ainsley, Duffy and Lulu.)
I got to come back the same evening to watch Amelia's class demonstration.
She's in the same class as Ellie - which was really the whole point for her.

It was the same routine - demonstrations of their warm-ups,

and then their usual class activities.




Then they had a quick change and performed their dance for us. It was really cute - a Spanish dance done to a song from Ratatouille. I thought I had taken some pictures of it, but it turns out it was all video, so this is her and her class after the fact.


And of course, a picture of the 2 amigas.

Ah, and now a few days off from kids performances although we have a couple of concerts to attend before the week is wrapped up.

No comments: