Sunday, November 27, 2011

Oops

Part of our annual Thanksgiving tradition is for the kids to unwrap their first present of the season - always a Christmas ornament. (After years of doing this, the older kids have finally caught on and actually start asking me about it in advance. It used to always be a surprise - every year.) The problem is that although I had carefully chosen their ornaments, I forgot to pack them when we went to St. George, so they opened them a couple of days late. No one seemed too bothered. Now if only I could get a decent picture of all of the kids together!
I gave up after just 2 tries. I'll just have to imagine that they all have their eyes open and are looking at the camera and smiling. It's always fun to pick the ornaments. A couple of them are easy because they are part of a series, but with the other kids, I pick something that is an obsession (I mean an important part) of their lives at the time. Amelia is a little obsessed with Gnomeo and Juliet, so it was fun to find an ornament of them. Jonas got Scooby Doo, but if I had been able to find a pink panther ornament I would have gotten that instead. He has been watching all of the old Pink Panther shows on netflix. I considered Harry Potter for Samantha, but just didn't like the ornament, so she got her usual penguin one. (Her school mascot is a penguin, so that has been an obvious choice for the past several years.) Duff also got a part of a series with a penguin and a polar bear, and Peter ended up with a Woody and Buzz ornament that he was very excited about.
And now, the Christmas season can officially begin!

No comments: