Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pilgrims: An Artist's Rendition

Amelia drew pictures of most of us as pilgrims and handed them out at Family Home Evening to be colored. Shawn and I loved them so we're keeping them for a bit. Here's the pilgrim Mom:
And the Pilgrim Man. You'll see that he is in the process of shooting a turkey, and smiling about it.
A pilgrim girl. Apparently just fresh off the Mayflower but already collecting water or milk.
This one is Amelia. She's got a dead turkey, a bucket of water (I think for watering those beautiful flowers with the deep roots), and a bucket full of milk. She is one busy little pilgrim.
This one is Samantha. She's just been milking the cows. I've been wondering, did the pilgrims even have cows? Well, these pilgrims did.
I can't locate the turkey that she drew for Peter and I think she left Jonas off her list of pilgrims, but I've been enjoying these pictures so I thought I would share them. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Julie said...

These drawings are classic - so glad you posted them - made me chuckle! I hope guys have a lovely Thanksgiving :-)

KimberlyD said...

I LOVE these! You may need to save them for more than a few days!