Sunday, November 13, 2011

An Afternoon With the Girls

On Saturday, Samantha had a friend over and they decided to have a little tea party. They were serious about it, wanting candles, a table cloth and table decorations. Shawn decided to act as their server (winning total Dad points in the process) and the girls had a lovely time enjoying their hot chocolate, marshmallows and crackers.
Of course, if there is a tea party going on somewhere in the house, it doesn't take long for the other girls to gather around and join in. (Samantha is mid sentence here, but her face cracks me up.)
They even went so far as to go and get dressed up in fancy clothes. (That happened after I took pictures - I wish I had thought to take more but I was off preparing a Relief Society lesson, I think.)
Tea parties are a frequent occurrence at our house, but not usually done so formally, and not often documented. I'm glad I took the time to get pictures because I'm guessing this is one of those things that will one day just quietly disappear from our lives without much fanfare, and other than the work of washing tiny dishes, I will probably miss it.

There has been some talk of having a formal Christmas tea with the girls and their friends. (Shawn's idea, oddly enough. I'll be sure to document that if we make it happen.)

No comments: