Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Festivities

We came home from St. George Friday night so we could make it to the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt Saturday morning and so that we could be sure the Easter Bunny would find us. The search for Easter baskets started early, but first everyone had to check out the window to see who would get to search for eggs in our yard. (Different age groups go to different yards to search. Each particular yard is marked by a different colored flag. Lots of easy hiding places for the 0-3 year olds and more difficult/well-hidden eggs for the older age groups.)Someone spotted a basket here, so everyone gathered around to see who it belonged to.
Amelia was clearly excited about her basket full of treasures.
Peter is getting to be so much fun with holidays because he is just starting to "Get it" a little bit. He knows to be excited about anything the bigger kids are excited about.
Jonas carefully checking the contents of his basket.
Samantha in one of her "outfits" digging into some early morning sugar.
Then it was outside for the Easter Egg hunt. The camera (and Shawn) went with Peter so he is the only one who has a picture. But everyone else searched diligently for eggs in their different areas and came back with full baskets.
We had breakfast in the neighbor's yard and chatted with everyone who came. It was lots of fun (as always) but a little chilly. Thank goodness for hot chocolate.

When I was loading the pictures onto the computer, I found these pictures that the girls had taken. They each got a nightgown for their dolls and a little Lalaloopsy doll in their Easter baskets and apparently they set up a photo shoot, complete with a hanging back drop. (This would help to explain the tape I found on the blanket when I was cleaning up.)



I love finding these little surprises on my camera.

I love Easter. It is one of my favorite holidays (along with Thanksgiving,) so you would think that I would have managed to take some pictures of the kids all dressed up or something. But, nope, I missed the whole thing. Somewhere in the process of getting everyone ready for church, I just forgot. I also left everyone at our ward and went to listen to my Dad speak on the Atonement. He did a great job (as always) and it was a good way to bring the focus back to the purpose of the holiday for me. By the time I got home, everyone was scattered all around and Jonas was already changed. Then it was time to go to my parents for Easter /April birthdays dinner. I stuck my camera in my bag, but once again forgot to get it out. (Seriously?!) So not one photo of Easter day if you can believe it. Oh well. I hope you all had a Happy Easter!

No comments: