Saturday, April 30, 2011

Final (I Hope) April Update

In the handful of days that I was home in late April, Jonas had a couple of events. First was his class play based on several Shakespeare plays. (You'll have to excuse the pictures - I have either my camera phone or my regular camera which won't work with the flash, so all my pictures are subpar lately.) Jonas was in the portion covering A Midsummer Night's Dream. It is really fun to watch Jonas perform in plays, because I'm sure most of the world sees him as a very quiet and subdued person, (we see the other sides of him, but his public persona is definitely that way,) but when he gets up in front of an audience like this he is so animated and plays his parts so well. You can tell that he loves doing it. (It is also obvious which of the kids don't feel that way.) He played the part of King Oberon and , well it just slipped my mind, but someone else.
Then we also managed to slip in a spring piano recital where he played a duet with our neighbor, Tanner, and then a song by himself. He played great both times. It is getting to be fun to listen to him play (when he puts in a little effort, at least). I just hope he will grow to enjoy developing this talent, too. Mostly, though, he was just glad to get to move onto some new pieces after months of playing these songs.

And, hopefully, I am now caught up for the month of April.

No comments: