Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Super Secret, Special Trip to the Zoo

Last week, I decided we needed to get out of the house. So,after getting the big kids off to school, Peter, Duffy and I went off to the zoo - without telling the other kids. I guess the secret's out of the bag now since my kids usually read this. I can just hear them now. "What?! You went to the zoo with out us?!! That's SO not fair!!!!" Nope it isn't, but it's not really fair that the little kids spend most of their life being carted around to all of the big kid's activities. And the big kids forget that they used to get to do things like this all the time. Anyway, the 3 of us had a great time.
Yep, they got a ride on the carousel. (Things are so much easier to do -and pay for, when there are only 2.)
The giraffes were very friendly, leaning right up where we could touch them. Not that either of these kids would dare...
And yes, we also rode on the train. (My older kids will be really mad about this. IF I let them ride on something, they have to choose either the carousel or the train. Never both in the same trip.)
We had a good time. Now I just have to prepare myself for the onslaught of whining and complaining. Maybe we'll just go back again with everyone.

2 comments:

Thierry said...

you are such a great mom and wife! just wanted to tell you that. you are inspiring.

Rachel said...

Haven't been on the blogosphere lately - fun to catch up on all your posts! Next time you sneak off to the zoo, please call me - we'd love to tag along!