Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lotoja

Once again we have reached that wonderful time of year when Shawn has completed Lotoja.He rode this year with my brother, Rob and our friend, Troy Preslar.  As always, I find this to be an amazing accomplishment. I love to ride my bike, but I don't know if I love it quite this much.  Twelve straight hours in the saddle while punishing my body isn't quite my idea of fun.
This is the 5th time Shawn has done the race - 4 times on his own and once as part of a relay team.  I am fully supportive of him doing this, but by the end of the summer the loooong Saturday rides get a little tiresome for those of us who already spend all of our other days home with the kids.  It's always a relief when it's over.
Congratulations to all of you!  And thanks to Matt for driving support so I wouldn't have to.

No comments: