Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Leaving On a Jet Plane

I put my baby on a plane by himself today. (Not my baby baby - but my first born baby.)  A hard thing to do as a mother.  Shawn said he was cool and confident.  I hope he has a great time.
He is on his way to visit his Grandpa Quincy and Fran in Chicago.  There should be enough cool museums and things to keep him happy all week.  I just hope he'll remember to brush his teeth.

As far as I'm concerned, Jonas has had a great 10 year old summer.  He's been to Bear Lake 3 times.  Took tennis lessons - which he loved.  Swim team every day  - which he didn't love so much.  A trip to Yellowstone with his Grandma Cathy and Doug which he thought was so cool.  A trip to Mill Hollow with friends from school and now this trip to Chicago.  (That's 3 trips without his sisters around to annoy him - I think he misses Peter when he's gone, though.)  It's no wonder that he is so upset about school starting.  I wouldn't want all that fun to end either.

2 comments:

kristen @ just-iced cookies said...

wow Melissa, that must have been hard for you! What a great experience for Jonas, a trip he'll definitely remember for the rest of life! Who cares about the teeth brushing - it's CHICAGO!! just make him brush double when he gets home.

Tom said...

I've thought about that day myself. Beth is 8 but I can already see the time when she will jump on the big plane and head off to somewhere. Man, they grow up fast. Where were the tennis lessons?