Sunday, October 19, 2014

UEA Part 1

So, initially, the plan was to take a girls trip to St. George over UEA, but then Michelle and her girls backed out, but I still wanted to go. Only, Jonas was scheduled to get his wisdom teeth out and Shawn didn't want to take work off and Samantha didn't want to travel.  But I really wanted to go out of town so, I just packed up the little kids, made sure Shawn could take care of Jonas and we took off.
(I love that the Costco gas guy is in this picture.)
We stopped at The Big Red Barn for ice cream and treats.
And the kids took some selfies.

Yeah, baby.  These are my kind of temperatures!
I felt a little bad that I wasn't there for Jonas, but in all honesty, Shawn is probably a better nurse than I am.  Plus, he was so drugged he probably didn't even  miss me.
So, this is how he spent his day.
And Samantha did a lot of this.  Which was good.  Sleep was needed.
They managed to have fun.  This was after I texted to remind them about Samantha's harp lesson.  Apparently it was good I reminded them.
 
We managed to have fun, too.  There were treats (and selfies.)
Golf cart rides with Grandpa Ralph.  (I felt a little bad crashing his peace and quiet.  I don't think he knew we were coming.)

We painted rocks.


Took more selfies.
We hiked in Snow Canyon.



Found the pioneer names.


And just enjoyed climbing around on the red rocks.

It was a beautiful day.  We even got a little hot and tired.  (Hot was nice.)

So we went to visit Grandma Cathy and Great Grandma Ila and went for a swim in Grandma Ila's pool.


Glad we came.

No comments: