Monday, October 27, 2014

Neighborhood Halloween Party

It was the much anticipated neighborhood Halloween party tonight.  There was a lot of tension since Samantha was determined to carve a winning pumpkin again, and Amelia, after her tears last year, really wanted to win, too.
Let me just say that I was opposed to Samantha's plan from the start.  When she asked for kerosene, I said absolutely not.  I just had visions of the garage full of leaves going up in flames, and the fire taking out the whole neighborhood.  Ugh.
Of course, she knew to ask Shawn then.  (Seriously, where was the united front on this one?)  At least she had the foresight to ask for fire extinguishers. 

You'll be happy to know that the 6 foot flames coming from her pumpkins did not, in fact, start the neighborhood on fire.

And in fact, won her a top prize for the 3rd year in a row! (I was so relieved when it was over.)

The prize winners with their trophies.
Samantha was pretty darn excited about her 3peat.  But now she's already trying to figure out how to top herself yet again. (We may have to give up this party.  I don't know if I can handle the stress.)

Fortunately, there were other winners this year as well, so no huge crying fits.  Although Peter was a little sad.




No comments: