Thursday, February 20, 2014

Field Trips and Other Fun

I apparently have a lot of random photos this month.

Shawn getting photographic evidence that even driving carpool is more fun when Dad does it.  (Seriously, this is one of those unfair things in life - just because I'm the usual person to do something, shouldn't mean that its any less fun with me, but that's the way it works out.)

I went on the 2nd grade field trip to the zoo with Megan's class.  Fortunately, even though it's February, it wasn't too bad as far as temperatures go. 

I thought it was kind of funny to watch the baby elephant trying to nurse.  She's big enough that she had to kneel down to reach.

All of Megan's group posing as eggs and eagles.
It's nice to have a little more flexibility as far as these things go.  My kids love having me there.  They talk about it for weeks.  It's a small thing that makes them really happy.  (Although after riding on the bus with the entire 2nd grade, I wasn't so sure that it was worth it.  A couple of the other moms and I went out for lunch afterward as part of our recovery plan.)

Samantha wanted to practice some of her make up skills on Amelia.  The fact that she is sitting there smiling so happily while there is a pencil sticking out of her head kind of negates the effect.  But Peter did not like it at all.  He didn't think it was funny and he wanted it gone. Now.  He still doesn't like seeing the picture of it.  I'm glad that at least one of my children seems normal.  A pencil sticking out of someone's head should be disturbing.
And no cell phone dump would be complete with out a picture of Samantha the selfie queen.
That's my girl.

No comments: