Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Day in the Life of Peter

I know not to get all excited about these warm days this early in the year.  I know they're not here to stay, but we have really been enjoying it.
After preschool, Peter and a couple of friends set up this little tent city.  (Do you see all that sunshine and no coats?!  I am going to cry when it snows again.) Peter had me haul the house tent and the tree house tent down the street to set up at Mylie's house.  I just loved that all the kids could go outside and play together.
And because he's just so well rounded, after his tent city fun, he went to water polo practice with Shawn and the big kids. He had to go because I wasn't back from picking up the other kids from piano lessons when they had to leave, so they took Peter with them.  But I absolutely loved walking in and seeing this.  He was just sitting on the floor with the high school kids listening to the "chalk talk" and hanging out with his water polo ball and cap.
I sure love this kid and am so glad that he is easy going enough that hanging out at water polo practice is just part of his day.  Do you think he'll grow up just assuming that playing water polo is part of life or is this considered brain washing?
Either way, here's to my future water polo player.

No comments: