Thursday, February 13, 2014

Awesome Stuff Including A little Known Risk Of Having Braces

Don't know where this came from, but lately, Peter loves to pick up our huge family scriptures and flip through page by page.  He doesn't really read it, but it's a daily thing for him.  (We do have some of those rub on pictures interspersed throughout, but I'm still surprised it holds his interest like it does.  I mean, he has always loved reading books, but I'm thinking this one is just a little over his head.)

I went to Parent Teacher conferences at the junior high which is always fun, but on our way out, Samantha thought I should see her locker.  She and I have very different ideas about locker arrangements.  This would never have worked for me.  It makes me a little crazy just looking at it.  (Perhaps this would help to explain some of those missing assignments?)
Anyway, she decided to do a little clean out while I was there to help her.  That may have been a mistake, because once we started uncovering the layers, we also uncovered a horrible, disgusting, gag-inducing stench.  Turns out that there were a couple of really old, really moldy sandwiches and other odd lunch remnants buried under that other stuff.  It was so nasty.  I'm embarrassed by her locker hygiene, honestly, I spent 95% of my parenting lectures on cleaning up after ourselves and taking care of our things.  Clearly, those lessons have not yet sunk in, but hopefully, she will be better about it now.  We decided to run to the store and get a deodorizer to leave in her locker for the 4 day week end.  Believe me, it was needed.
As always, I found some random selfies taken on my phone.  (It doesn't help that the i phone allows access to the camera even with out the pass code.)
Smiling Samantha.
Ice cream lips.
And finally, if you have braces, it is highly advised that you not chew on the drawstring to your pants while you are curled up reading a book.  It is possible that you could become entrapped in your pants forever.
Unless you have a really nice Mom who will help you detangle yourself, which fortunately, Samantha does.  But no worries, I teased her mercilessly about it first.
Seriously, no one ever warns you about these kinds of things when you become a parent.  Just putting this out there for those of you who may find yourselves in a similar situation in the future...

No comments: