Thursday, May 9, 2013

Art Night

Driving Peter to preschool and looked in my side view mirror to see his little feet sticking out the open window.  Not sure how he managed that while being buckled in his car seat.  Sometimes it's the little things that brighten your day.

Now onto art night.  I think art night is a really great thing.  I do.  I just wish I didn't have to go.  It always seems to fall on a busy night at an already extremely busy time of year.  When my kids were younger, I managed to skip it a couple of times, but not this year.  My girls were insistent that we go.  So I left Jonas at water polo,  dropped off two kids, ran to a harp lesson (that we ended up being late to because I was pulled over for having window tint that was too dark.  I mean really, that's what seemed important to the cop that day? It only added to my stress level - greatly.)  Anyway, I eventually got Samantha there too, managed to find a parking spot - twice -although not close, and still see everyone's class performances.  Phew.

The school does have some fantastic art works to display, although I didn't manage to get pictures of all of them because my kids were all off in different directions with their friends - which is how it should be, I guess.  (But that brings me back to the question of do I need to be there?  Oh right.  The kids need me to pay for their punch passes so they can do all of the activities.  I forgot.)

Amelia with one of her drawings.
Amelia and Duff with some of Amelia's friends.
The face painting booth is always one of the most popular.  Amelia ended up with a penguin and Megan chose a bunny.
But they also went back for Ariel and Flounder from The little Mermaid.
I think we got out without any tears, so it must have been a successful night.

No comments: