Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day is a big hit around here.  None of the kids seem too concerned about being single and alone just yet.  After all, we still have each other - and plenty of sugar to get us through the day.  What else could anyone need?
The kids found fun Valentines at the table when they came upstairs for breakfast.

And, of course, Cupid stopped by and left the usual mess, including more treats and a cookie.


This is how Amelia and Megan feel about Cupid.  (We'll have to see if that changes as they get older...)


 That silly Cupid even turned the milk pink.
I was glad to see when I got home from the gym that the kids had a nice early start on their sugar infusion.

You can't celebrate Valentine's Day without heart hair.

There were the usual classroom parties with even more sugar and Valentine's from friends.  (Wrappers and pieces from those Valentine's seem to currently be spread all through the house.)

And we finished the night with new books to read and a nice candlelight family dinner.

(Now I can only hope that my kids will look back on their childhoods and remember these sorts of things instead of me yelling at them to do their homework and their practicing.  Unfortunately those daily nagging episodes are far more frequent than the holiday celebrations.  I guess that's why I need to make them count.)

Happy Birthday to my Dad!  I hope that this extra year will help you reach your goal of shooting your age on the golf course!

1 comment:

Thierry said...

you are such a good mom. I pretty much dropped the ball on valentines day this year.