Sunday, February 3, 2013

Good For the Soul

Saturday was a fantastic day.  I kind of felt like I was on an all day date - which was a good thing.  After we got the girls loaded up and on their way to ski lessons, Shawn and I went for an outdoor run.  It was a beautiful day.  I haven't been able to run outside since mid-December because of either weather or air quality, and believe me, the treadmill is so mentally painful!  After our run, since we were up on Wasatch, (above the quickly building inversion) we stopped in at Einstein's for breakfast.  Then it was back home to get ready to go ski!  
Since all 3 girls are in lessons, and Jonas managed to grow out of his ski boots over the past few weeks, we left the boys home and just skied by ourselves.  It was my kind of ski day.  Just look at the blue sky - and it was warm, too.  I didn't wear my ski gloves until the very last run of the day.  My liners kept my hands plenty warm the rest of the time.  I love bluebird ski days!

I tried to channel my inner Hannah Kearney, you know, to make me a better skier.  I don't think it worked, but it could just be that I don't actually have an inner Hannah Kearney since she's a mogul skier, and well, I'm not so much.  However, this fancy hairdo did serve the ulterior purpose of embarrassing Samantha.

We were watching for the kids all afternoon, but only spotted a couple of them.  After lessons, we took a couple more runs.

Duffy headed up for one last run with her instructor.

Me and Amelia.

It's always good when they end the day happy.

More Duffy.

More Amelia.  (All this time, Samantha was lying in a pile somewhere.  She was totally exhausted after a day of learning to snowboard.  I think she wants to get back on her skis soon.)

After we finished skiing and took all the neighborhood kids home, Shawn and I went to the adult meeting of stake conference.  As soon as that was wrapped up, we went to Park City  to go hot tubbing with friends.  It was a perfect way to end a fantastic day.  I spent more time with Shawn in this one day than I have over the past several weeks probably.  We should probably try to do that a little more frequently.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Seriously, we must think alike - I just read this post and the other day I wrote the EXACT same words about Sophie and her friend "channeling their inner Hannah Kearney" when they were goofing off with pigtails in their helmets.

Good minds think alike - too funny!!

Great to catch up with all the Stringham happenings - can't believe you have a daughter in YW already :).