Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Part 1

One of the problems I have with Halloween is all of the costume pieces that are spread around the house for weeks, despite everything I do to prevent it from happening. This year, the elementary school decided to have the Halloween Parade and parties the Thursday before Halloween. (No school on Friday.) That meant costumes had to be ready to go by the Wednesday night before Halloween. (And yes, sadly, I was still working on costumes late Wednesday night.) This also meant that the costume box has been out and accessible for too long.
Peter has been having lots of fun trying out different looks for the big day, though. This one was a favorite.


He makes a pretty cute duckling, too.
And he's not too bad as a pumpkin either.

One of the times that I asked the girls to clean up all of the costumes and dress ups, they insisted that I come down to see what a good job they had done.
Apparently, there wasn't quite as much clean up going as I had hoped, but it was a fun game, I guess. They all took turns, and asked me to come and see every time. (I kind of stopped being surprised after the first time, but I couldn't let on.) It must have been most fun with Peter because there were lots of pictures on the camera with him (or maybe he just fit inside the box the best.)



Here's to Halloween coming and being wrapped up quickly. (I am such a Halloween scrooge.)

No comments: