Wednesday, May 4, 2011

On This Date In Stringham History

I'm feeling a little burned out. Tired of school and homework (and it's not even my own.) Tired of nagging the kids to do their practicing and to do their jobs, tired of the weather not quite being spring (at least the sun is shining, but it's not really warm yet), tired of having to convince a couple of my kids that it isn't much longer and yes, you still need to go to school and do your work. (So tired of it in fact, that I let one of them stay home for a little holiday today rather than listen to the complaining about how much he hates school. Of course, he'll have to make up the work, but I know how it feels, to sometimes just need a little break.) So rather than deal with all the things that I should be doing, I've been looking through old pictures and updating my winter pictures on the blog to May pictures from years past. I'm hoping that if I look at warm weather pictures, maybe it will start feeling warm. So here they are, all the digital pictures I could find, taken on May 4th in previous years.

This one may not be exactly the 4th because I don't have actual dates, but it was in May 2002 at our house in Santa Clara. (I still miss that house.) Samantha was about 15 months and Jonas was just over 3 1/2.

No photos on May 4th for a couple of years, but here's Amelia on May 4, 2005 at 13 months.

And apparently on May 4th in 2008, I had flowers on my table that someone took a picture of. From the angle, I assume it was one of the kids.

May 4, 2009, Amelia (5) and Duff (almost 3).

And on this day last year, we started our countdown to the end of school - with 1 month to go. I guess it's that time again. 30 days to go total, and only 21 school days. That seems manageable doesn't it?


I am ready for summer, that's for sure. But I'm not really ready for what's coming after summer: starting junior high, and another child starting kindergarten. I'm hoping for the next 30 days to go by quickly, but for the summer to be long and slow and leisurely. What are my chances that it's going to work out that way?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love these photos, and the ones on the sidebar. I really need to lose the snow pics on my blog too.