Friday, May 27, 2011

4 Down, 1 to Go

Ah, that most favorite time of year, the preschool graduation program. Normally, this type of thing would make me feel sad. You know, the usual, time is going so fast, I can't believe how big she is getting stuff. But really, I am so ready for summer that I didn't feel one bit of that. (I'm sure all those feelings will come flooding in when I send her off to kindergarten in the fall.) I am thrilled to not have to fight over combing her hair before school and discussing - again - the fact that yes, she does need to go to school today. And I don't have to worry about finishing something up to get her there or to pick her up. I am so excited to have one less thing to do, one less place to be, and one less thing to think about! (I sound almost heartless here, don't I?) Still, the program was cute and fun, and she loved performing for me. (She was a little upset that I didn't bring everyone else to watch, too. She thought I should have gotten everyone out of school to come and see her. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. Although I think I've been a little heavy on the lose some side lately.)

Here's her class all ready to start their singing.
Duff next to her good friend Olivia.
My little blue-eyed belle.
Singing, complete with actions. (A couple of my kids got some serious performance genes from Shawn, and just love to be on stage.)
Here she is telling everyone her name and that she wants to be a teacher when she grows up. Typically she wants to be a princess so she must have gotten that crazy idea at school. (She does love her teachers, though.)
Singing and marching like a dinosaur.
Getting her official graduation certificate and a little gift from her teachers. (Whew! I am so glad she made it!)
Duff with Miss Erin - her main teacher,
and with Miss Maria.
It is a little hard to believe that 4 of my kids are done with this phase of their lives. I have a year off of preschool next year and I'm kind of looking forward to it. I only wish all of my kids could have been done with school before Memorial Day!

No comments: