Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

It was a nice Mother's Day at our house. I got to sleep in (sort of - that doesn't really happen around here), and someone brought me the newspaper to read in bed, while Shawn and the kids made me breakfast. I was presented with this lovely arrangement of fruit and french toast.Shawn also made breakfast trays for the "future mothers" (which I thought was very sweet), and they joined me on my bed to eat. (We had to be a little watchful of the syrup, but there were no major mishaps.) I had no part in the food prep or the clean up. It was fabulous.

I was showered with gifts from the kids and Shawn, and best of all, Shawn's morning meetings were cancelled so he was actually home to help get the kids ready for church! (That really is a special treat.) Then off to church where we had a great missionary farewell, and I got to teach the lesson in Relief Society. (OK that part wasn't really my favorite, but still, I can't complain about the once a month thing, even if it falls on Mother's Day.) When we got home, Shawn and I headed across the street for some tasty food at the neighbor's. (The home of the missionary who spoke in church - one of Shawn's former priests.) Then it was home for an attempted nap. There wasn't much sleeping involved for me because my kids just can't seem to let me be for any extended period of time, but resting quietly was still a nice change. Finally, we headed out for some evening visits to Shawn's Mom and my Mom.

Maybe because of all the late nights and early mornings, or the cold and dreary day, somehow, the camera didn't make it out after the breakfast in bed part of the day, so I have no pictures of me and the kids or of the grandmas. I guess I'll just have to rely on my memories.

I am including this article by Sheri Dew about motherhood because I think it speaks volumes about the importance of women and mothers in the world. It's worth the read.

No comments: