Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Last Supper

My family got together for dinner to celebrate my Dad's and Michelle's birthdays for one last time at the house. It is officially the last time we will all eat a meal together in this home. It's really true this time - thanks to the sold sign below.
I am feeling very tender and sad about this. My parents will be moving out in about 2 weeks and the house that we have all grown up in will no longer be our home. Hard to take in the fact also, that the new owners will immediately be taking off the roof and adding on and changing it. I had no idea how attached I was. I keep tearing up just looking at these pictures.

At least they plan to take the table with them.
And with the typical irreverence expressed by my brothers (and Shawn,) a couple of photos for posterity that will also probably keep them out of public office and probably from ever being bishops. (Phew!)
One last picture (OK, 2 last pictures) of all the local family members on the front steps.

The feasting and celebrating:
Michelle carefully cutting the cake into 18 pieces to serve all in attendance.
Cheers! (Actually that was more of a raise your hand if you want cake. - It was unanimous.)
Shawn and I took a lot of photos last year and I know Michelle was walking around with her camera as well. I guess that's what I'll have to hang onto. Wish me (and all the rest of us) luck as we wrap things up in the next couple of weeks. I'll probably have to keep a tissue handy.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Those pics of the guys crack me up - too much! Hey, I remember that house when Michelle and I were on a long run this summer and I stopped for a potty break ;-).

I remember when my parents sold the home I grew up in and moved to St. George - so sad - but we're sure glad we have a place now in the sun!!

Valentine's looked like so much fun too - yipee- almost spring :-).