Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Big 1 - 0

I can't believe it, but I have another child in the double digits. I can't possibly be old enough for that, can I? Samantha is 10! Here she is bright and early in the morning, all decked out in a birthday crown, ready to open presents.Of course, everyone wants to be a part of the present opening.



Some are happy to be gift givers, as well.


Samantha sporting some new clothes.
And blowing out some birthday candles while 2 sets of grandparents stopped in to bring gifts.
I'm not quite sure how this worked out, but everyone got something new from Grandma Cathy and Doug on Samantha's birthday. (I don't think anyone was complaining.)Of course you may have noticed that Samantha blew out her candles on some cupcakes. Earlier in the day the Cake Boss had been hard at work on the requested cake of "a pair of pants standing up." But due to some unkindness on the birthday girl's part followed by some scheduling conflicts, the pants never got frosted. That's right, I have an unused pair of walking rice krispie pants in my freezer and an unfrosted, but delicious brownie cake to go with it - all going to waste.
But still, the celebration was fun for all, and Samantha, as usual, was well gifted.

No comments: