Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Dance-Off

At the end of the day on Saturday, the house was in need of a bit of clean up since Shawn and I had been in and out all day, so we cranked the music and had a family dance party, clean up thing going on. (That's just how we roll at our house.) Somewhere along the way, Samantha suggested a contest, sure that she could out dance anyone. Shawn took the challenge and the dance off began. (Personally, I know better than to go up against Shawn in this sort of a thing. There's no question that he would beat me.) Seriously, non-stop dancing from these two for about 2 hours. Shawn was literally dripping sweat. The smack talk between them was pretty funny, too.Shawn announced, "Samantha I rode my bike 13 1/2 hours while throwing up the last several, there's no way I'm giving up on a dance off!" And so it went. Toward the 2 hour mark, it evolved into a spin off. After a few minutes of watching them spin, I stepped in and called it a draw because I knew someone would either throw up (Samantha), or fall and crack their head on something. (Shawn was looking like the more likely candidate for that one.) If I had to officially declare a winner, it would have to be Shawn. When Samantha was getting tired, some of her "moves" got a little questionable as far as actual dancing goes. (Sorry, Samantha - tapping your fingers on the counter just doesn't count.)

And this little video is Peter showing off his dance moves. Mostly it's just because watching him dance makes me laugh.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

LOVE the dance off. I started watching, and as soon as he heard "I am so blogging this—Samantha and Shawn in a dance off..." Rob called from the other room "Whoa, back it up!" and soon the whole family was gathered around. Joey wanted to challenge Rob—clearly the poor kid was born into the wrong family.

On the other hand, I'm not so sure I love all the snow pictures. :) Not ready to celebrate winter.

KimberlyD said...

So fun! You have such a fun family!

Keersten said...

I saw Samantha and Amelia after school and almost yelled out "We loved watching your dance-off!" Then I realized that she probably has no idea who I am. She just thinks I am some weird lady that keeps smiling at her. Yea, this is why kids love adults.